POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : Plump Ken : Re: Plump Ken Server Time
2 May 2024 12:54:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Plump Ken
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jun 2007 08:02:31
Message: <46791757$1@news.povray.org>
"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> schreef in bericht news:467903be$1@news.povray.org...

>> Where possible, I save them in an exterior runtime library, which I can
>> then connect to Poser.
>
>    Ok, there are some new words in that sentence Thomas...   ;)

Sorry Steve, this was the short answer (laziness, you know  :-) )

This is the long answer:
You know that most if not all figures and props (Poser or Daz) are all
structured identically in a folder called: Runtime. What I do, is create a
folder somewhere on my HD, that I call 'My Runtime Libraries' (any name will
do). Each time I download a new figure or prop, I extract it to that folder,
using the folder names that come with the zipped files.
In Poser, you go to the utmost top of the Figures Library (normally at the
right of your screen) by double clicking on the arrow that brings you upward
in the Library Tree, until you see the folder name 'Poser 7' with a red ball
beside it. Now, just above that, click on the black triangle opening a
pulldown menu, and click on 'Add New Runtime'. Choose your newly created
folder and it will appear in the Poser's Library column. The beautiful thing
is that if the figure (or prop) has Poses, Materials, Expressions, etc,
those will appear automatically when opened for the figure.
In much the same way, you can save your own figures or props to an external
library.

Thomas